750true thumbnails bottomright 350true true 800none
Bachelor of Commerce
Min. Eligibility: Pass in Higher Secondary (10+2)
Duration: 3 yrs
The Bachelor of Commerce provides you with the knowledge and technical skills you need to succeed in the career of your choice. The Bachelor of Commerce is an ideal pathway to a professional career. Employment opportunities span the globe in a variety of industries including the business, government and not-for-profit sectors. The curriculum thus focuses both on academic subjects, such as statistics or economics, as well as practical business subjects, such as accountancy, law, management, marketing, finance, etc. Cooperative education programs are also common.
Why to choose B. Com Degree?
Within the public or private sector, managerial expertise is highly valued and career advancement within the management sphere is supported by a recognized degree qualification. In fact, many professionals in sectors such as engineering, health services and education choose to complement their existing degrees with a B. Com as this ensures career advancement and provides an integral understanding of the business aspects key to their sector of interest.
The GIMS B.Com focuses on decision-making, management and technology within the business arena and is designed to give the student a strong foundation in the essential skills required for a successful career in business management. The B.Com fully equips students with both theoretical and practical exposures preparing them for a professional, commercial environment.
What will I gain from this programme?
Our accredited and recognized B.Com provides graduates with:
- A career path in commerce.
- An understanding of management functions within the business environment.
- A greater ability to communicate effectively, manage human resources and handle labour relations functions.
- A proficiency at interpreting and using numerical and statistical knowledge.
- Expertise in the use of conventional accounting processes.
- An appreciation of ethical behaviour within business practices.
- Insight into the computerised business information systems environment and its essential management functions.
- Knowledge that is relevant to the economic context of the business environment.
- An ability to perform research in the field of business management.
- Skills that will boost their career and improve performance.