Nursery Teacher Training
NURSERY TEACHER TRAINNING
Nursery teachers work with children aged three to five in nursery schools or classes, planning and organizing a wide range of indoor and outdoor activities.
As a Nursery Teacher you would:
- help children’s social, personal, physical and emotional development
- develop their language, literacy and numeracy skills
- help them achieve the early learning goals of the National Curriculum
- Encourage co-operation and good behaviour.
As well as working with the children, you would:
- set out activities before classes and tidy up afterwards
- prepare activities and resources
- talk to parents or careers about their children’s development
- monitor children’s development and identify any problems
- keep records and complete assessments for each child
- attend meetings and training courses.